Wednesday, July 24, 2013

4th of July Trip


We traveled to Seward, AK, for the 4th of July.  Rachel (my second born, 13 years old), runs the Mt. Marathon race.  This was her third year to do it.  We stayed with my inlaws, and there were some cousins there too. Fun times!


Rebekah playing with cousin Keira.
 

Local fireworks
 
 
Rachel stretching before the race.
 
 
The starting line.  It was a cold and rainy morning.
 
 
There goes Rachel in the pack!
 
 
Rebekah and Jacob cheering for their sister.
 

Mt. Marathon- the top isn't visible because of the weather.
 

 
If you look closely, you can see runners on the mountain.
 
 
Here she comes down the final stretch.
 
 
All done and so tired!
 
 
All of my kids and some of their cousins.
 
 


 
This link should take you to a video of the Junior Race.  Rachel isn't in the footage, but it gives you an idea of how intense this race is.
 
 
Rachel didn't improve her time, but as her mom, I am just thankful she makes it down in one piece each time!  Anyone who can finish that race gets my respect.

4 comments:

  1. Great job, Rachel! Loved the pictures, Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. RYC: the recipe for muffins was from that big Taste of Home cookbook you gave me. I love that cookbook. But, I did make adjustments. The original recipe calls for an entire cup of sugar, and oil instead of butter. ;)

    I keep meaning to tell you that I got your beautiful letter and will write back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found you here through Shandra's site and loved this post -- my daughter ran cross country in high school and I loved watching the team run. I still have the
    fabric birds you sent me and think of you every time I see them in my dining room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo-Ann, nice to "see" you! I am trying to get back into blogging. I was just thinking about those birds the other day. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete