Thursday, September 19, 2013

Fall is Here

These are some pictures I took on my walk this morning.  I startled several birds, but I was just happy not to have startled any bears.
 
I have nicknamed this mountain "Sleeping Chief".   I have no idea what it's real name is.

Beautiful sky and mountains as I walked along the bike path.

 
Bethany took this picture with my phone on the way home yesterday.

Beth and I left for Anchorage after school on Tuesday (6 hour drive).  When we got there, I took her out to dinner.  Applebee's- her choice.  She wanted a good meal before getting her braces on the next day.  We crashed at a friend's house for the night, and the next morning I was able to get my car back!
 
Back on July 21st, my vehicle was hit (in the church parking lot).  It has taken this long to work out the logistics of getting it fixed.  Being 6 hours away from the repair shop and the rental company makes things interesting.  The rental I had (felt like forever) wasn't big enough for our whole family if we had anything with us besides ourselves.  All in all, it worked out fine.  My car is fixed, and the other guy's insurance paid for everything.  So happy to be back in my own rig!
 
Bethany got her braces on.  She said it would have felt better to have a hammer taken to her face.  She is surviving on ibuprofen and yogurt right now.
 
We did a quick Costco run, returned some jeans at the mall, and Beth even got a quick haircut.  Then we hit the road for home, so that she could get to bed at a decent hour for school.
 
The drive home was so beautiful that I was wishing we weren't in a hurry to get home.  I kept wanting to stop and take pictures of everything.
 
Happy Fall!


No comments:

Post a Comment